What Is Cold Chamber?
The metal casting process in which molten metal is injected under high pressure through mold is known as die casting process. The mold cavity is made of steel and uses high temperature. The further mold cavity is divided into Cold Chamber & Hot Chamber. This process is basically used by the manufacturer to make high precision casting product in the Liruiam.Com. According to the nature of molten metal & melting points manufacturer use Cold or hot. These are usually designed through fewer iron alloys like as zinc, copper, magnesium, lead, aluminum, and tin-based alloys.
Chamber Casting or Die is specifically designed to make complex shapes. That really need consistency, precision, and accuracy in all complex manufacturer designs. So, that now manufacturer can design all complex features of any shapes with consistency. Normally die casting has two main types. Both types even having much similarity although there are two types exists.
- Hot Chamber
- Cold Chamber Die Casting
Cold Chamber Die Casting
Apart from the hot chamber, the cold chamber is made from aluminum, and magnesium which are having high melting points. Basic working criteria of Die Casting is similar to the hot chamber. However, in Cold Chamber Casting few less function like “gooseneck”. Here the main perspective of is that to remove the corrosion problem. By separating melting from injection component this die casting isolate corrosion problems.
Components of Cold Chamber Die Casting
As we already stated that ColdChamber Casting is used especially for high melting point metal like aluminum. So, to check full process of Cold Chamber then follow this component by component process information.
- In the start of manufacturer process first, a right amount of molten metal is injected or poured hole into single shot through ladle manually or automatically into the shot
- Now, under high-pressure cylinder piston mover forward and plunger force molten metal into the molten cavity where molten metal fill mold through its pressure. However, after the injection of molten metal into short chamber manufacturer control the pressure.
- Now, die cavity of Chamber hold molten metal until it will turn into solidifies.
- The pressure remains until it will turn into solidifies. After that pressure is released. Then piston open and through plunger remove ejected material from mold cavity through the way of ejector pins.
- Now, the reverse process has been started. That piston moves back and the plunger is back on their position and ready for the next cycle of the process.
Manufacturer for Cold Chamber Casting
This category is only designed to the external resource by injecting molten metal into the shot chamber. Usually in Cold Chamber Die Casting high melting point molten metal is cast like brass, aluminum, aluminum-zinc, and other low melting points. However, it is possible to inject low melting metal into cold die chamber instead that hot. But one is risky and not perfect. That is why a manufacturer uses hot chamber for low melting point metals. On the other side, if a manufacturer wants to use cyclic or short passes to make products. Then also use cold die casting. But over the hot chamber, this is having disadvantages is that is slow because the product is designed into short cycles. Which slow down the whole process of manufacturing rather than the Hot Chamber Die Casting.